Tuesday, October 9, 2012

YES

Blogger...my how you've changed in the past 7 months!

So much has happened in my life but it's all happened so fast and I haven't taken the time to sit down and write about it. I can't stop and write about birthdays, anniversaries, new jobs, new schools, funny things that my kids say, trips that we take, ect. I wish that I could and I love to read other peoples milestone blogs!

My only blogs are going to come when I feel God pushing me to do so. When something is so heavy on my heart that I have to write about it or I'm going to bust. That's when I blog. That time is now.

I've been involved in a small group bible study for the past 3 years. The group that I am currently in is AMAZING. Like...God is there EVERY Monday night and is working big time in all of our lives. We pray together, learn together, cry together, laugh together, eat together (boy do we eat together), and "do life" together. Although I love all of these girls dearly and consider each and every one a life-long friend, we do not meet for the social aspect. We meet for the GOD aspect. And like I said before, I feel his presence with us every time we meet. A long time ago, a friend told me that the goal of a small group is to "do life" together, but also to equip each girl to become a leader and a disciple of Christ; to stop needing to be fed and to start feeding others instead (hey, that rhymed). SO....when I was asked by my church to lead a small group, I felt guilty when my first thought was, "I'm going to have to choose one or the other, and I'm not ready to let go of the other just yet." I didn't just say "No." I prayed about it, I talked about it with a few close friends, I really did consider it. At the end of the day, I decided that it would not be best for my family for me to take on something like that at this point in our lives and in my spiritual journey. Although I knew that this was the right decision, I couldn't help but feel that God was pushing me to step out, to do something bigger, something to further His kingdom.

That's when He stepped in. My preacher came to me and asked me to co-lead a small group on Sunday mornings right after our 9 o'clock service for a group of women who are recovering addicts. HELLO, GOD. I said "YES" immediately and knew that it was in God's plan for me to say "not right now" to the other group, and "YES, RIGHT NOW" to this group.

I know that there will be struggles, good times, not so good times, times of trial and tribulation. But I am ready. For this, I am ready.

"The eyes of the Lord range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him."  2 Chronicles 16:9

1 comment: