Monday, June 20, 2011

Elmo vs. Dr. Seuss

Okay, so I know it might sound weird, but I HATE characters. Like, sesame street characters, power rangers, buzz lightyear, ect, ect. I just don't like them on my kids clothes or anything. They're great for toys, but not for like curtains or bedspreads or anything. Not in my house. I know I'm weird. So I have been looking forward to Miller's 2nd birthday because I've had this great idea. I love Dr. Seuss stuff. I guess they are considered characters too? I don't know, but I don't mind Dr. Seuss. Anyway, I have been wanting to have a Dr. Seuss bday for Miller and have on the invite, "Horton Hears I'm Two." I have all of these great ideas for the party and know it would be super cute. However, Miller doesn't give 2 flips about Dr. Seuss. He is, however, in love with Elmo. Elmo. There is Elmo stuff EVERYWHERE. He sees Elmo and goes nuts. Nuts I tell you! So now I'm wondering, do I have the cutesy Dr. Seuss bday for him? Because I know that he really won't know and this might be the last year that I can pick the theme. Or do I go with something that I know he LOVES? Elmo. I know that this doesn't seem like a big deal. And in the grand scheme of things, it's not. I'm just trying to plan ahead for his bday and want some opinions. Thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. Don't you think he'll still love Elmo next year when he knows more about choosing? ;) I'd go for Dr. Seuss. It's probably your only chance. And maybe Elmo can make a surprise visit via a present?

    ReplyDelete