Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Haircuts and Zesus

Thanks to my friend Maribeth, Merrit's haircuts usually go pretty smoothly. However, last week he absolutely did not, under any circumstances, want to get his hair cut. When I told him that we were going to get one, he said, "Mama, I think Minger (Miller) should get one. His hair looks tewible (he doesn't pronounce his r's). " Well...considering that Miller is 3 months old, that was out of the question. He did NOT understand why Minger couldn't get one too. We finally make it to Maribeth's, he's in the chair, and he says, "Mama, Zezus's (Jesus's) hair is willy long." Ha! I was so proud of my little guy for paying attention when we read books about Jesus. He understands and knows SO much more than I give him credit for. Every time he sings a new song, or says a new prayer, my heart overflows with joy. As a working mom, sometimes I feel guilty for taking him to daycare, but I LOVE it that he goes to a Christian environment where he can learn, worship (well, as much as a 3 year old can worship), play with his friends, and talk about Zesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment